Divide your group in 2 teams. Each team heads out with an adult, a Digital Camera, some money, and the list below. Set an hour time limit when they will return and share their pictures with the group. Set up a way to project the pictures so everyone can easily see them.
Remind your groups to be polite! BEFORE they do any activity explain what they are doing to store employees and that there may be another group coming around asking to do the same thing… if they haven’t already.
Take a Picture of… (video optional)
- Group & stranger inside McDonald’s doing the song "Da, Da, Da, Da, Da… I’m Lovin’ It!"
- Group outside a pizza place pretending to hold a pizza saying, “Pizza, Pizza”
- Group in Wal-Mart standing by a Timex Watch case and pointing to their pretend watch saying, “It takes a licking and keeps on ticking”. This was an old ad slogan from the 1960’s.
- 2 people from the group in front of video store reenacting “Luke, I am your Father” from Star Wars.
- Our group with as many waitresses/waiters you can get at Applebee’s singing their birthday song.
- Group member inside KFC flapping their “wings” (elbows out – thumbs tucked under arm pits) making chicken sounds then saying “Unthink what you thought about KFC”.
- Someone inside Wendy’s who can remember the 1980s commercial “Where’s the beef?” and say “Where’s the beef?” as a group.
- Group inside Home Depot by the batteries pretending to be the Energizer Bunny (drumming & sunglasses help) saying “Nothing outlasts the Energizer. It keeps going and going and going…”
- Group & stranger inside Burger King singing the 1970s song “Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders won’t upset us, all we ask is that you let use serve it your way. Have it your way, have it your way! Have it your way at Burger King.”
- Group at bank singing “F R E E that spells free credit report dot com baby”.
- Group & stranger in K-Mart pointing to a “Blue Light Special” sign.
- 4 from our group lying on a bed at a furniture store counting the Serta Mattress Sheep.
- Group inside grocery store holding a gallon of milk saying “Got Milk?”
- Group & stranger inside Quiznos saying “The Toasty makes it Tasty” – say it like you mean it!
- Group & stranger inside Taco Bell singing “It’s all about the Roosevelt’s baby”.
- Group working together to make a Christian symbol with their bodies in the grass in front of our church.
- A group member being a greeter at Wal-Mart or other store with greeters – make sure to ask the regular greeter first!
- A group member eating a Jimmy Johns pickle inside the restaurant.
- The group helping someone fold their laundry at a laundramat.
- The group and a police officer singing the theme to COPS “Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?”
- Group & employee inside a Chinese restaurant holding Chop Sticks – be polite.
- A SMALL team member being pushed in a Pet Supplies Plus shopping cart.
- The whole group inside one car at a new or used car lot – make sure to ask first and be careful!
- The group making a human pyramid in front of the library saying “Reading is FUNdamental!”
- Group inside Rite-Aid with a bottle of Pepto-Bismol doing the song and motions from commercial “Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea”.
- 2 people in front of Cinema reenacting the line “Run Forrest, run!” from Forrest Gump.
- Group outside Arby’s saying “I’m thinking Arby’s” with the thinker pose.
- Group inside store holding a Dora the Explorer toy saying “Swiper no swiping!”
- Group inside Wal-Mart holding a jar of Smuckers Jelly with everyone saying their slogan, “With a name like Smuckers… it has to be good”
- Group flexing muscles In front of Recruiting Office or Armory Building saying, “Be all that you can be”.
- Group with a mouth FULL of M&M’s saying “Melts in your mouth, not in your hands.”
- Group at grocery store holding a box of Frosted Flakes saying “They’re great!”
- Group & employee inside any Subway with big smile saying “Eat Fresh”
- Group & stranger inside McDonalds singing the Whopper Song, “Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun.”
- Group inside store holding a Band-Aid box singing “I am stuck on Band-Aid brand ‘cuz Band-Aid’s stuck on me! I am stuck on Brand-Aid brand cuz germs don’t stick on me! Cuz they hold on tight no matter what on fingers, toes, and knees. I am stuck on Band-Aid brand cuz Band-Aid helps heal me!”