This was so much fun, and it’s a great way to witness, make new friends, and grow your youth group (and your church!)
You’ll need enough responsible adults with mid-to-decent sized vehicles. All vehicles will need to be able to hold the same amount of people at a time, or you could make a rule where you can only have so many in a car at a time.
Split the group up into equal teams, with one adult chaperone each. Give each team a list of possible descriptions of people (see list below). What they have to do in order to score points is actually get the person to come to youth group that night! Dispatch the teams out into the city or town, and have them bring the people they find back with them. They have maybe an hour or so to find as many of the people who fit the descriptions as possible – no speeding allowed! Here are some examples of descriptions:
1. A warm bodied member of Pickerington High School – 10 points
2. A guy with curlers in his hair – 20 points
3. Somebody in their bathrobe – 20 points
4. A member of the Pickerington marching band – 10 points
5. Captain of the cheerleading squad – 50 points
6. A high school quarterback – 50 points
7. A guy with long hair – 20 points
8. A girl in a facial mask – 20 points
9. Somebody who can whistle Dixie – 10 points
10. Someone from Kentucky – 10 points
You get the idea. Be creative and make up your own descriptions!
When time’s up, the winning team gets to play a messy game or something equally humiliating in front of their friends they brought! Then everyone has pizza and maybe a short Bible study and/or worship or whatever.
If they have fun, you’ll watch your youth group go KABOOM and grow like crazy!