As soon as the Scavenge starts we have (“x amount of time” … I suggest approx. 2 hrs. ) to leave, do as much as possible and return to the starting point. For each minute a group is late, there is a four point deduction.
> All transactions and scavenging must be done a minimum of one mile outside the starting point. (Residents within this range are excluded from being used for valid points.)
> Driving must be done at a reasonable and safe speed!!!
> Driving will be done by one designated adult driver.
As best as possible. Points must be verifiable by video tape.
Every challenge or item can only be done once for points, unless other specified by the word “each” after the point designation: I.E.: Orange Marshmallows are “30 points each.”
If you are allowed to repeat an action, you may be limited to repeat the action a specified number of times: I.E. “limit 5 times.”
Please note that the ENTIRE team must complete several said actions. A team cannot split up for the challenges unless specified or it is otherwise clearly unreasonable for the entire team to participate.
Section 1 (a) — Retrieval
Rules: >You must have proper permission to take/buy said item.
>You or your team are responsible to return or take home the said item. It will not be left at the starting point.
>Colored items are to be mostly the specified color.
>Disputable concerns will be judged by the team judges/drivers.
A). 15 points: Bring back one raw green bean.
B). 20 points: Bring back one Braille menu (must have proper permission).
C). 20 points: For the smallest stuffed animal returned.
D). 20 points: Bring back a pig (no live ones please — use your imaginations).
E). 20 points: Bring back 10 green marbles (Must be dominantly green).
F). 70 Points: In a small, undamaged paper cup, bring back a cup full of couch fuzz, dust bunnies, naval lint, sock fuzz, pocket fuzz, etc from a house(s).
G). 5 points ea: Bring back some whole chunks of old chewing gum — must be crusty. Limit: 5 ea. (Color of green is worth 15 points — for up to 2 ea, then all others count 5pts.)
H). 10 Points: Bring back a Haloween Napkin.
I). 35 points: Bring back a Wheat penny.
J). 20 points: Bring back this spice in it’s properly labeled shaker: Coriander.
K). 25 points: Bring back a blue gumball from a gumball machine.
L). 10 points: For each watergun brought back. Water gun must be smaller than 1.5 feet in any measurement. (Such does not include glasses/cups/plastic bottles for water. The water gun must be a plastic manufacutred watergun specifically made by a company for that purpose.) NOTE: No water-guns inside anybody’s house. This is only for when we come back to the river area and only at the appropriate time. Unwise use will result in a loss of points to your team or temporary confiscation of your water weapon.
M). 35 points: Bring back some prepared green jello.
N). 40 points: Bring back a batman yo-yo
O). 20 points: Bring back a yellow submarine.
Section 1 (b) Person Retrieval:
Must have their permission. No images, photos or representations are allowed.
100 points ea: Bring back a person who was not at the starting point to begin with.
For every person added to your group, there is a 5 point addition per additional person/per challenge to every challenge in which they participate. NOTE: Bring someone who is in the age range of our group and/or won’t mind staying for the incredible worship time after we scavange. As long as they show up and stay for most of the worship time, your team will receive the full 100 pts. Otherwise, they will only be worth 25.
Section 2 — Challenges.
1) 15 points: Video a fork in a flowing creek. (difficult to video at night)
2) 40 points: 1: For the time you travel, keep your radio tuned to a Christian station, OR…
2: Keep the Christian music flowing through tapes or CD’s. Have the music at an audible level at minimum, — except when praying, etc.
3) 30 points: The whole group must try some type of food from/in a store or restaurant that no one from the entire group has ever tried. (deli may give samples.)
4) 60 points: Video a dog peeing on a tire.
5) 25 points: Video a group member petting a baby goat or lamb.
6) 25 points ea: Create a card for someone (either by your personal design or on a create-a-card machine. (ie: Your pastor, someone’s grandma, youth leaders, ministers, shut-ins, etc.
7) 10 Have someone give you a guided tour of their back yard.
8) 70 points: Go to a fast food restaurant, and with at least 1 employee from the establishment, the entire team must do the Macarena or a Broadway high-kick for at least 15 seconds. (Serving suggestion: Do the High-kick to something like “Hello my baby, hello my darlin’ hello my ragtime gal…”)
9) 15 points: Feed some fish inside a aquarium.
10) 35 points each: Sing to and/or pray with an elderly shut-in, church leader or pastor or to those at a retirement home or nursing facility. Be sure to tell them how much you appreciate them. Stay for at least 5 minutes per visit. NOTE: I suggest you visit fairly early in the scavenge time. It’s also good to call first. (P.S. If you meet another group in a home, then visit together!) Limit 4.
11) 25 points: Have someone give you a guided tour of their freezer.
12) 15 points: Cameraman: video another video camera taping you for at least 5 seconds. (Security cameras okay).
13) 25 points: For at least 15 seconds, the whole group must dry their left socks in a laundry-mat dryer.
14) 10 points each: Tastefully invite someone outside any scavenge team to church with you. Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit here! Limit 5.
15) 35 Points: With proper permission from parent/guardian: Interview a person 2-6 years of age on some current global news event: Interview must last at least 20 seconds.
16) 35 Points: Within a business establishment, under the obvious influence of helium, at least one member of your group must interview someone who will not be returning to the Starting point. (Serving Suggestion: discuss a strange topic: ie: rising costs of catfood) Interview must be at least 20 seconds long.
17) 35 Points each: Have a prayer time while traveling or anytime during the scavenge time. Suggestions: Pray for people in the area, sick, the unsaved people around, public officials, your unsaved friends, your church(s), etc. Pray for upcoming ministry events. Also, pray specifically for the safety of all the scavenger groups as they travel and scavenge. Also, pray for God’s heart for upcoming worship time. (You may leave the camera on or off, whichever you wish). Pray at least 30 seconds. Limit 4 (for points).
18) 15 Points: A team member must play Patty-Cake with an animal (live, non-human) for at least 15 seconds (Don’t try this with any strange, large, teethed animals or any who happen to be foaming at the mouth. The animal may have the assistance of another human in playing Patty-Cake.)
19) 70 Points: Along with at least one other person who will not be returning with you to the starting point, have the whole group blow bubbles. Each person in the group must have a bubble in the air (one blown by that individual) at the same time. Video the time from the first bubble is blown to the time that each person has their bubble in the air — each bubble counted must be in view of the camera.
20) 35 Points: The whole group must have a 15 second conversation with
A) a four-legged non-human animal physically more than 4 feet tall. This can be done from a distance of approx 50 feet or less. OR…
B) A large statue of some type (ie: Ronald McDonald Statue or Morris the Horse in Tryon)
(15 points extra for at least one person from your team proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ towards or near the animal or statue for at least 15 extra seconds.)
21) 35 Points: At someone’s house, team member(s) must ride in/on/upon some sort of wheeled toy [tri-cycle, bicycle, wagon, etc.] At least two laps must be made around the house. For more fun, switch out the members per lap… or have a race. Be careful!!! Please do not damage anyone’s toys or yourselves.
22) 15 Points each person (limit: up to 9 people): Slice a whole lemon into equal pieces. Each person participating must bite down into their slice and hold in the teeth for at least 3 seconds. Be sure to video! Limit one slice per person. Limit: one lemon.
23) 10 Points ea. can or food item (limit 15): Bring back some canned food items for the local food bank ministry. (okay to leave these at the starting point or church).
24) 25 Points: The whole group must feed some ducks for at least 20 seconds.
25) 10 Points: The whole group does a “nuggie” or backrub or backscratch circle for at least 15 seconds.
26) 15 Points: Go through a fast food drive-thru and order something really silly (ie: 2 packs of salt or one and a half napkins or duck sauce or a straw or fried snails, etc) Do this with your best impersonation of Forest Gump, Carl (Slingblade) or Nell (the movie “Nell”), Scooby, Shaggy, Darth Vader, etc. One or many group members can participate.
27) 15 Points: Jesus was amazed by something, what was it? (Hint : Matthew) ___________________.
28) 30 Points: Video acquiring a smiley faced balloon that was once a display model!!
29) 15 Points: Complete the verse: Create in me a clean heart, oh God,…(Hint: Psalms)________________
25) 25 points:
(I always leave blank spaces for the addition of any great ideas that the group might come up with at the orientation session)
26) 15 points: Entire team plays hackey-sack with a real hackey-sack for at least 20 seconds.
27) 35 points: Video the whole team singing and doing the Hokie Pokie in a grocery store. (Participate for at least 15 seconds.)
28) 50 points: In a public establishment, with proper permission from the manager, over the intercom: the entire group sings a song with great joy. I.e.: We wish you a merry Christmas, Pharaoh-Pharaoh or a birthday tune, a few lines of some old TV show: Gilligan’s Isle, The Bradey Bunch, The Flintstones, etc. Must use entire group, must last 10 seconds or more.
29) 30 Points: Video your whole team standing in a tent.
30) 50 points: As you scavenge, each team member wears any (at least one – in any order, of any type) of the following apparel items: (use discretion when wearing in a home): Each member of the entire team wears: sunglasses or hat (remove for prayer time, and any other appropriate time) or neckties (the real thing). The more unique the better. This will be verified by video!
31) 45 Points: Have the whole group involved in a video commercial clip where the intent of the commercial is to sell a product that is really stupid, such as: air, water, dirt, money, etc). Each team member must participate in the clip in some way (interviewer, interviewee, sound/lighting effect, testimony, etc.) The clip must be at least 20 seconds long.
32) 35 Points: Video your whole group in a VW beetle. Must have owner’s permission.
33) 15 Points: Test someone’s smoke detector.
34) 10 Points ea: Go to a house, the whole team will “Trick or Treat!” Limit 3. (5 extra points ea. for each time the whole team gets candy.)
35) 20 points ea: (limit 4ea for points) Representative(s) from your group tell(s) someone outside the scavange groups about what God is doing in your life. (Must last at least 20 seconds)
36) 30 points: Video a team member picking up litter clearly in front of an “Adopt-a-Highway sign.” THIS LITTER MUST NOT BE PLANTED! Be sure to add your comment to the video.
37) 50 points: Video a team member sitting on a Santa’s lap (Santa may not be played by a scavenge team member), telling Santa what they want for Christmas. NOTE: Santa must be bearded with a white beard (for a beard… paper, shaving cream, cool whip, etc: all okay), wearing a red coat, apparently fat (pillow okay) and wearing a red Christmas hat.
38) 35 points: Inside a store, the whole group does 2 rounds of Duck-Duck-Goose. (Must last at least 15 seconds.)
39) 30 points: Video the whole team building a people pyramid and doing a cheer for their team.
Be careful and safe while you have fun!!Read more