We have quite a small church family and we were building a wheelchair ramp. The ramp cost a lot of money, money we were having trouble raising. Three of us got together and planned a rock-a-thon that included anyone in the church who wished to participate. We had ages seven to seventy+ rocking. These are a few ideas we used during the 24 hour rock:
1. We had TONS of prizes donated and everyone went home with something.
2. We had food donated too, which kept the costs at close to nothing.
3. We had a movie going almost all the time for entertainment.
4. We had an open house for anyone who wanted to come and see what we were up to. This raised a lot of money also through our donation box.
5. We had rockercize which was a great way to keep us moving while we rocked.
6. We played Bingo with lots of great prizes.
7. and finally we had crafts and thank you cards to make for our sponsors
It took a lot of work, but everyone loved it and wants to have one again this year, even though our new ramp is paid for. One important thing was that we had a clean up crew come in the next day so we didn’t have to worry about that at all. Our small church family raised over eleven hundred dollars and there were only about twenty people rocking. We were really happy with the results. Happy rocking!!!