For this idea, you need the following supplies:
1 piece of red construction paper
1 piece of blue construction paper
1 piece of paper which says Heaven
1 piece of paper which says Hell
1 package of sticky dots
Ziploc bag of pinto beans
Lots of space
Before students arrive:
1) Tape down the heaven and hell signs on 2 seperate tables, tape the blue and red construction paper over them.
2) Affix sticky dots on the floor, in one line if at all possible approximately 1 foot apart
When the students arrive, have them sit at a third table.
What to do:
1) Have kids stand on a sticky dot.
2) Hand one person the bag of beans, on the end. Explain: I want you to pass these beans and take one out, when I call stop, you stop. People who did not get one, sit at the red table and people who did get one, sit at the blue table.
3)Time until it gets half through, then tell them to stop. People who did not get a bean, sit at the red table and people who did, sit at the blue table.
4) On the count of three, one person from the group lifts up the red or blue paper.
Questions to ask:
1. How could your friends have not gotten sent to hell.
Optional: Beforehand, you may want to have 3 or 4 students to whom you know it will be passed, the “refuse” to accept the gift.